1-3-2009 - 1-3-2013 (EU FP7 IP).
The prime objective of BRICS is to structure and formalise the robot development process for advanced robotics and to provide tools, models, and functional libraries, which help to significantly accelerate this process.
More specifically, the objectives are:
- to survey and analyse completed robot developments with respect to their deficiencies in terms of tool support, reuse of components, use of harmonised interfaces, and use of functional and model libraries,
- to promote and moderate a community-wide discussion on the identification, evaluation and refactoring of best practice in robotics algorithms and software systems,
- to design and implement an integrated development environment for robotics (called “BRIDE”) and an accompanying software repository of best practice robotics algorithms (called “BROCRE”),
- to significantly promote the interoperability of hardware and software components by harmonising the interfaces and as well as the communication between these components,
- to define and implement showcases, which allow to measure and evaluate the progress between today’s practices and the BRICS enabled robot development process.